- Do you make clothing from scratch?
and No. I am capable of making items from scratch, and have hand-made dresses, skirts, shirts, and suits. I normally
order a garment from a Ready-To-Wear company and custom tailor them to fit you. Hand-making items is very time consuming and
is normally more expensive than ordering RTW and having it altered.
- Our Made-to-Measure Suits and Slacks are
- Should I bring my measurements to an appointment?
- No. You don't need
to bring measurements, since I will take custom measurements for each order. If I am altering a garment you already own, please
bring the shoes you plan to wear with that garment. Otherwise, I take care of all the measuring at your fitting appointment.
- Where are you located, and is there
- My office is located in my home at 627 S. Walnut, Springfield, IL. While I mostly visit customers in their
home or office, some appointments are taken at my office. There is no driveway on Walnut Street, but parking on the street
is allowed weekdays 9am-4pm and on weekends. There is alley access with parking in the back. The alley connects on Lawrence
and on Glenwood.
- What are your hours?
- By appointment only. I am in-and-out of my office
during the week, so please feel free to call and set-up an appointment.
- Do you charge for a
- There is no charge for a custom-fitting or consultation. You only pay for what you
order and alterations are FREE for life on any garment purchased from Steele Tailors.
a question for us? Use the form below, and we'll post the answer right here on this page.